Title: Grateful Gatherings Chapter Coordinator
Location: San Mateo County
Volunteer Position: Part-Time – 5-10 hours a week
Description: Grateful Gatherings is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit providing furniture and household items to those transitioning out of homelessness, poverty or crisis. We do this through community driven donation drives. Last year we helped over 170 people with furnishing their homes.
Currently, we have 6 chapters throughout the Bay Area and we are looking for a champion volunteer to start a chapter in San Mateo County.
Please join us in leading your community of dedicated volunteers, donors, and partners to bring hope to families in need. With the rising costs of housing in the Bay Area, a family transitioning from homelessness or crisis can barely make rent let alone buy furniture. It would take them years to save up enough money for a bed, couch, or table, but with your help, you can give them a safe and comfortable home. We believe a well-equipped home gives families the ability to thrive at home and work so they can have a brighter future.
Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Programs, the Chapter Coordinator would coordinate gatherings in San Mateo County. Gatherings consist of one-day volunteer driven events where the community donates and collects furniture and household items to families in need. In a single day, the items are delivered, unpacked and set up in the home.
Responsibilities for the Chapter Coordinator would include:
- Recruit volunteers and donors through personal or external network. This can happen through friends, work, church, school, etc. Manage email lists.
- Oversee chapter budget and act as a liaison between Director of Programs and volunteers and donors.
- Create and write acknowledgments to donors and volunteers. This is done after each even and includes photos. Grateful Gatherings Marketing Coordinator will upload to website.
- Research and help recruit non—profits to partner with in San Mateo County. Director of Programs will assist in this process.
- Meet with clients and organize site visits prior to each Gathering.
Please contact Chris Flitter, Director of Programs, at email@example.com.